Male Escorts London FAQs
A Guide to English Male Escort London Law
It is completely legal to be a male escort in London UK.
There are no laws against escorts here, but there are laws for prostitution. When it comes to the exchange of sexual services for money, the male escort business is considered the same as prostitution. This is why both the prostitution industry and the male escort industry have the same laws concerning sex.
If you are a male escort in London and you want to steer clear of the law to have a legitimate career. This is a small guide to help you keep your activities legitimate.
Male Escort London Age Restrictions
Whether it is for male escorts or for prostitution, it is illegal to do any business concerning sex if you are less than 18 years of age.
If the male escort is aged less than 18 years, and if there is proof of sex, then it is possible for both parties to be booked under the law.
Male Escort London Advertising
Under the UK law, it is illegal to advertise for your sex work in anyway. This includes billboards, brochures, flyers, bus benches, telephone poles, telephone booths or the internet.
Now that doesn’t mean you cannot advertise your male escort London services. You can do so freely on the internet and at many places where they can be seen by your potential clients.
There are a few things you should do however.
- Keep your ads clean.
- Mention your male escort services, but nothing about sex, your clients will ask you ask you for the services they are seeking.
- Keep it clear of all nudity. Again, this is illegal, especially in public places.
- You can have erotic photos on websites, or wherever third party ads about your service appear. However, potential clients do not need to see every part of your body before they hire you.
Male Escorts London don’t usually take to soliciting their services in public places. Therefore, there shouldn’t be any major problem with them. However, some individuals may call their professional prostitution as escort service and solicit clients. The law is strict against attempts to bring sexual service endorsements into the public places. Even if you are not mentioning sexual services, you may be booked by the police for doing so. That is don’t randomly hand out business cards or flyers or approach people to discuss your services.
When it comes to such borderline matters, the police are concerned with what serves the public best. The police are not too concerned with minor offences that can easily be disproved in court.
There is a small risk of falling foul of the law if you are providing sexual services even if you are an independent male escort in London. For instance, if you always have a driver waiting outside for you while you are with your client, he/she is technically assisting you with sex work. Moreover, since you pay him/her, he/she is profiting from your sex work. This way, both the male escort and the driver can be charged with criminal offence.
If you want to avoid this situation, have a completely foolproof way of getting paid by your client. Firstly, let there be no proof that you took money from your client for sex work. This completely eliminates the sex angle, and there is no legal problem.
Reference UK National Escort Association
Male Escorts in London UK Laws
Laws on prostitution have been easing over the year in the United Kingdom. However, the law is still quite ambiguous over what constitutes prostitution and what does not. Here is the gist of the situation.
Prostitution is not illegal in the United Kingdom.
However, many activities that surround prostitution, some of which you might think are just fine, are illegal.If you are unaware of the laws, it is easy to become an offender without doing much wrong. Many people find it difficult to make sense of the Prostitution laws in the UK, as there are many terminologies involved in them. We will have a look at the basic laws here.
The laws regarding age for prostitution in the UK are quite muddled. However, here is a breakdown that might help you.
- Above 18 years: Prostitution above this level is completely legal. Unless you fall under the other offences surrounding prostitution, you are not doing anything wrong.
- Under 18 years: Having sex in exchange for money with a prostitute less than 18 years of age is illegal. If the person is above 13 years of age and is unaware of the prostitute’s age, this is a legal defense. However, there are many cases where it doesn’t hold up in court, because there are too many scopes for lying about a client’s age. If you have sex with a person less than 18 years without exchange of money, it is not deemed illegal.
- Controlling less than 18 years: If you are found to be controlling sexual activities of a prostitute less than 18 years for monetary gains, it is a serious offence. The penalty for the offence could be up to 14 years in prison.
- Under 13 years: Having sex with anyone under the age of 13 years is illegal regardless of the client’s unawareness. Moreover, if a girl is under 13 years, the client can clearly make it out, so there is no defense.
- Clients’ age: The laws in the UK don’t stipulate an age for a client in prostitution. However, it is unusual for sex workers to have clients who are below 16 years of age, although it is not illegal.
Although prostitution is legal, anybody found soliciting another person for prostitution in a public place can be held guilty. Strangely, it is also considered soliciting if you are on a balcony or on a window. In such circumstances it is difficult to make out whether a person is soliciting sex or not, but it is illegal regardless.
It is also illegal to loiter around public places such as streets or even kerb crawls and offer sexual services. “Persistently” loitering around a given place is defined as “being found in the same place twice in three months”. The law here may seem to be a bit absurd, but it is meant to address behavior of soliciting in public places.
Kerb crawling means soliciting a person from a vehicle in a public place such as on the streets for sexual services. This act is considered to be a nuisance for women and people in the neighborhood. Persistent kerb crawling is a clear legal offence. Here too, many acts can be construed as kerb crawling and the law does not have provisions for such cases.
Kerb crawling could have the following repercussions:
- Penalty of a maximum of £1000
- Disqualification from driving
- Charges of anti-social behavior, which carry their own penalty
Various measures have been taken in order to discourage kerb crawling such as;
- Gating off of alleyways
- Construction of barriers
- Installation of CCTV cameras at public places, in such a manner that they are visible to everybody
Making people aware that they are being watched as they indulge in kerb crawling has proven to be a successful deterrent.
Advertising for sexual services publicly is not illegal. However, it is illegal if you do so near telephone boxes and / or near such a place. Many public places are also included in the list of areas where you cannot advertise prostitution.
The laws for advertising are not particularly stringent. There are many magazines, tabloids and periodicals in the UK, which advertise sexual services openly as this is considered perfectly legal.
Staying on the Right Side of the Law
There are a few things you can do as a sex worker or a client to avoid any legal issues. The best thing you can do is to keep a low profile. Keep your activities quiet, so that you do not disturb the general public around you. This removes a big reason for the police to consider your acts an offence.
Also avoid brothels, as many police forces explicitly state that they have absolutely no tolerance for mistakes them make. Before you visit a brothel, check with people around, as to how the police see the place. There are many cases where brothels operate, but people in adjacent homes don’t know about it for years.
Reference UK National Escort Association
Male Escorts London Keeping Yourself Safe
London Male Escorts please refer to the “keeping yourself safe” article on the Support and Advice for Escorts website SAAFE.INFO found under the information for escorts menu.